Tanzania is an extremely diverse country, with abundant wildlife, exotic culture and ancient cities. However, there are tons of interesting facts about Tanzania that you probably had not heard of before.
- Tanzania is around eight times the land area of the UK (or half the land area of Western Europe), and has just over half the population (36 million) of UK.
- About half the population of Tanzania are under 15 years old.
- Africa blackwood trees, commonly seen in Tanzania, are the most expensive hardwood tree in the world.
- The mountain’s snow caps are diminishing, having lost more than 80 percent of their mass since 1912. In fact, they may be completely ice free within the next 20 years, according to scientists.
- Tanzania is one of the most diverse countries in the world, from mountains, islands, deserts, rivers to tropical rainforests, volcanoes, waterfalls and lakes.
- Tanzania mainly relies on agriculture.
And did you know this already about Tanzania?