In these insecure times, it is more important than ever that you can enjoy a safe and carefree stay in Tanzania. Therefore it is our pleasure to keep you updated about the situation in Tanzania and which preventive measures apply. So you know exactly what you can expect before traveling to Tanzania, during your safari and when returning home. And of course you can take advantage of our extra flexible booking conditions. So together we can plan your private safari with confidence and peace of mind.
Current situation in Tanzania
Despite all the developments regarding new variants, Tanzania has remained calm and stable. Life continues as usual and is taking place mostly outdoors thanks to the favorable climate. Preventive measures are taken throughout the country and at all public areas you will find hand washing stations. Apart from that, there is little to notice. Even though still little numbers of infections have been released lately, based on what we hear and see the situation is safe and secure. Thanks to the new president there is more transparency, increased access to tests facilities and above all vaccinations have been made available to all residents.
“Always wanted to, now finally done and it was fantastic!”
Read here why going on safari now is absolutely incredible according to our guests.
We are working with all our partners to make sure that the necessary hygiene and safety measures are implemented in line with COVID-19 protocols, set by the Tanzanian government and WHO.
- All entry points in Tanzania are prepared with COVID-19 preventive measures.
- Each passenger, including children, must complete the online Traveler’s Health Surveillance Form within 24 hours before arrival.
- Fully vaccinated travelers will be exempted from both PCR and Rapid Antigen Test requirements when they can present a valid vaccination certificate with QR code for verification upon arrival. The only accepted vaccines are those which have been approved by the URT and the World Health Organization.
- Travelers that are not (fully) vaccinated will be required to present a negative PCR certificate with QR code obtained within 72 hours before departure.
- Travelers arriving from very high risk countries listed at www.moh.go.tz will be tested for COVID 19 upon arrival using a Rapid Antigen Test. The cost for this test is US $10 per person when arriving at the mainland and US $25 per person when arriving at Zanzibar.
- Children aged 5 years and below will be exempted from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests requirements.
- Please remember that it is possible to obtain your visa online to shorten the waiting time at the airport as much as possible.
- Outside the airport you will be awaited by your private guide. He will welcome you with a warm smile but shaking hands is up to you.
During your safari
- You will be accompanied by your own private guide from the start till the end of the journey.
- We are proud to announce that currently almost all our guides and office staff are now fully vaccinated. Our team of guides is also fully trained on the latest health protocols.
- Your private guide will maintain social distance and – if you prefer – wear a face mask.
- A digital no contact thermometer is available to carry out health checks during the safari.
- Hand sanitizers will be available in the car.
- The car will be disinfected regularly including the blankets, seat covers, floor mats, etc.
- Our safari vehicles are spacious, have large windows and a pop up roof to ensure natural ventilation.
- Special activities such as a visit to a traditional Maasai family or local school may be subject to change. In case we confirm that it is possible, kindly do wear a face mask.
- The lodges and tented camps during your journey are carefully selected by us: small-scale, personal, located in the most remote and stunning places in the middle of nature.
- Meals are generally taken outdoors or in a mess tent with lots of ventilation and ample space between the tables. Lodges may reduce the capacity even further by offering different locations to serve your meal.
- All guest areas and rooms will be sanitized regularly.
- Bed linen is washed at 60º degrees temperature.
- Restaurants will offer a la carte menus or active cooking to reduce the handling of food.
- Some facilities in your room may have been removed, such as the coffee station or hair dryer. Please do not hesitate to request for these services.
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the lodge areas.
- The staff will be wearing face masks while on duty and have a daily health check.
Departure from Tanzania:
- Travel restrictions regarding COVID-19 vary greatly per country and depend on your route and final destination. Therefore, be well informed in advance by local authorities and the airline. A number of countries still require a negative test result in order to board the aircraft from Tanzania so please double check this prior to your safari. In case you do need a PCR or rapid test we will be happy to assist you with the arrangements.
“We always felt very safe, despite the current Corona epidemic.”
Safe Travels Stamp
Tanzania is one of the countries that has been awarded with the Safe Travels Stamp by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council). This is because the country has shown that it meets all requirements and follows the established protocols, outlined by the WTTC’s Global Safe Travels Protocols. The global safety stamp helps travelers to recognize the destinations and businesses that are following best practices and are putting the traveler health and safety at the forefront.
Let’s start planning your safari
We very much understand that you may be hesitant to plan a trip at this moment, not knowing how the situation will be next month or in the next half year. Yet now is the time to start planning!
Allow yourself to experience the feeling of freedom again. Not having to tiptoe in busy shops or streets to maintain a safe distance. Welcome to a world where getting away from the crowds, open spaces, privacy and sustainability have always been our standard.
As our entire team is based in Tanzania, we closely monitor the situation and are in constant communication with our customers as well as our partners. Because your private safari is completely tailor-made and unique, we can immediately respond to new developments and adjust if the need arises. Leave your worries to us while we create an unforgettable safari adventure focusing on privacy, exclusivity and safety. So you can reconnect and make new memories together with your partner or family.
Flexible booking conditions
To give you extra peace of mind, we are offering you extra flexible conditions so you can book your trip with confidence. If it appears that your planned safari is not possible due official COVID-19 restrictions, and we can no longer carry out the itinerary as agreed, we offer the following cancellation policy:
- Cancellation up till 56 days (8 weeks) prior to arrival:
reschedule your trip free of charge to a date until December 2023. We will be as flexible as possible and look into the options together. In case postponing is not an option, we offer you a full refund for the safari and beach arrangements (excluding any domestic flights).
- Cancellation between 56-30 days prior to arrival:
we guarantee a refund of 70% of the total travel amount or you can postpone your trip without any extra charge to a date until December 2023.
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to arrival:
unfortunately we cannot guarantee a refund but we will do everything we can to minimize the costs for you. We do hope that you are able to shift your planned holiday to a later moment so we can still organize this wonderful trip for you. In that case we will only charge the actual costs that we incur for rebooking.
We advise to always contact your insurance company to check to what level you are covered for COVID-19.
* The above conditions apply to new bookings made before 30th May 2022 for travelling till October 2022. In case you rebook to a different travel season, additional costs for accommodation may apply. The free cancellation policy is offered in conjunction with the majority of our accommodation partners but this arrangement does not cover all lodges.
We are ready. Are you?
Contact us now to design a unique and carefree private safari for 2022!