In these insecure times, the feeling of safety and certainty is more important than ever. Your well-being is our priority and we want to ensure you will have a safe and carefree stay in Tanzania. Therefore we are giving you an update about what is happening on the ground and which preventive measures have been taken. So you know exactly what you can expect before traveling to Tanzania, during your safari and at your accommodation.
Current situation in Tanzania
Tanzania has been calm and quiet. Life continues as usual and is taking place mostly outdoors thanks to the favorable climate. Preventive measures are taken throughout the country and at all public areas you will find hand washing stations. Apart from that, there is little to notice. Even though still little numbers of infections have been released lately, based on what we hear and see the situation is stable and secure. Thanks to the new president there is also more transparency, increased access to tests facilities and above all vaccinations have been made available to all residents.
Read here why going on safari now is a absolutely incredible according to our guests.
What to expect when going on safari
We are working with all our partners to make sure that the necessary hygiene and safety measures are implemented in line with COVID-19 protocols, set by the Tanzanian government and WHO.
- All entry points in Tanzania are prepared with COVID-19 preventive measures.
- Each passenger, including children, must complete the online Traveler’s Health Surveillance Form within 24 hours before arrival.
- All travelers are requested to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival (being tested within 72 hours prior to arrival in Tanzania).
- All travelers will be subjected to enhanced screening for COVID-19 infection including rapid test. The cost for this test is US $10 per person. It is advisable to settle this online via the Traveler’s Health Surveillance Form.
- At the airport you will be requested to adhere to the hygiene measures including using hand sanitizer dispensers , wearing face masks and keeping physical distance at all times.
- There is no mandatory (self) quarantine unless you are showing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus or have traveled through India within 14 days prior to arrival in Tanzania.
- Please remember that it is possible to obtain your visa online to shorten the waiting time at the airport as much as possible.
- Outside the airport you will be awaited by your private guide. He will welcome you with a warm smile but no hand shake.
- You will be accompanied by your own private guide from the start till the end of the journey.
- Your safari guide will be tested a few days prior to arrival and will be given a certificate valid for 14 days. Our team of guides are also fully trained on the latest health protocols.
- Your private guide will maintain social distance and wear a face mask. If you prefer, you are welcome to wear a face mask in or outside the vehicle but it is not mandatory in Tanzania.
- A digital no contact thermometer is available to carry out health checks during the safari.
- Hand sanitizers will be available in the car.
- The car will be disinfected regularly including the blankets, seat covers, floor mats, etc.
- Our safari vehicles are spacious, have large windows and a pop up roof to ensure natural ventilation.
- Special activities such as a visit to a traditional Maasai family or local school may be subject to change. In case we confirm that it is possible, kindly do wear a face mask.
- The lodges and tented camps during your journey are carefully selected by us: small-scale, personal, located in the most remote and stunning places in the middle of nature.
- Meals are generally taken outdoors or in a mess tent with lots of ventilation and ample space between the tables. Lodges may reduce the capacity even further by offering different locations to serve your meal.
- All guest areas and rooms will be sanitized regularly.
- Bed linen is washed at 60º degrees temperature.
- Restaurants will offer a la carte menus or active cooking to reduce the handling of food.
- Some facilities in your room may have been removed, such as the coffee station or hair dryer. Please do not hesitate to request for these services.
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the lodge areas.
- The staff will be wearing face masks while on duty and have a daily health check.
Departure from Tanzania:
- Travel restrictions regarding COVID-19 vary greatly per country and depend on your route and final destination. Therefore, be well informed in advance by local authorities and the airline.
- If you travel to the Netherlands, you must have a recent negative PCR test result in order to bound an aircraft. The test must be taken no later than 48 hours before departing to the Netherlands. However, there are some exceptions to this:
– children up to and including 11 years
– if you are fully vaccinated and carry a vaccination certificate
– if you are in transit at Schiphol and the Netherlands is therefore not your final destination
- Tanzania has been classified as a “high risk country” by the Dutch government, which means that quarantine upon returning home is not mandatory (but is advised). Travelers who can show proof of vaccination certificate or negative test result do not have to self-quarantine.
Safe Travels Stamp
Tanzania is one of the 20 countries that has been awarded with the Safe Travels Stamp by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council). This is because the country has shown that it meets all requirements and follows the established protocols, outlined by the WTTC’s Global Safe Travels Protocols. The global safety stamp helps travelers to recognize the destinations and businesses that are following best practices and are putting the traveler health and safety at the forefront.
Let’s start planning
We very much understand that you may be hesitant to plan a trip at this moment, not knowing how the situation will be next month or in the next half year. Yet now is the time to start planning!
Allow yourself to experience the feeling of freedom again. Not having to tiptoe in busy shops or streets to maintain a safe distance. Welcome to a world where getting away from the crowds, open spaces, privacy and sustainability have always been our standard.
As our entire team is based in Tanzania, we closely monitor the situation and are in constant communication with our customers as well as our partners. Because your private safari is completely tailor-made and unique, we can immediately respond to new developments and adjust if the need arises. Leave your worries to us while we create an unforgettable safari adventure focusing on privacy, exclusivity and safety. So you can reconnect and make new memories together with your partner or family.
Flexible booking conditions
To give you extra peace of mind, we are offering you extra flexible conditions so you can book your trip with confidence. If it appears that your planned safari is not possible due official COVID-19 restrictions, we offer the following cancellation policy:
- Cancellation up till 56 days (8 weeks) prior to arrival:
reschedule your trip free of charge to a date until December 2022. We will be as flexible as possible and look into the options together. In case postponing is not an option, we offer you a full refund for the safari and beach arrangements (excluding any domestic flights).
- Cancellation between 56-30 days prior to arrival:
we guarantee a refund of 70% of the total travel amount or you can postpone your trip without any extra charge to a date until December 2022.
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to arrival:
unfortunately we cannot guarantee a refund but we will do everything we can to minimize the costs for you. We do hope that you are able to shift your planned holiday to a later moment so we can still organize this wonderful trip for you. In that case we will only charge the actual costs that we incur for rebooking.
We advise to always contact your insurance company to check to what level you are covered for COVID-19.
* The above conditions apply to new bookings made before 31st December 2021 for travelling till June 2022. In case you rebook to a different travel season, additional costs for accommodation may apply. The free cancellation policy is offered in conjunction with the majority of our accommodation partners but this arrangement does not cover all lodges.
We are ready. Are you?
Contact us now to design a unique and carefree private safari for 2021 or 2022!