Tanzania is a beautiful and exotic destination, full of surprises, adventure and unforgettable encounters with wildlife and people. Here are 6 fun facts about Tanzania that you probably did not know yet!
- Tanzania has the largest concentration of wildlife animals per square kilometer, with more than 4 million wild animals and representatives of 430 species and subspecies.
- Tanzania is the only country that has mapped out a minimum of 25% of its total land mass to wildlife parks and conservation areas.
- About 33% of the Tanzanian population is illiterate.
- Over 120 languages are spoken in Tanzania.
- Approximately 25,000 people attempt to summit Mount Kilimanjaro annually. Approximately two-thirds are successful (people who climb with Ajabu Adventures have even a succes rate of 95%). Altitude-related problems is the most common reason climbers turn back.
- The Serengeti National Park eco-system is the oldest on the planet.
Want to know more interesting facts about Tanzania?